Thursday, January 19, 2012

Apple Crisp Pie

I took advantage of the fact that ice cream and apples were on sale and I decided to make Apple Crisp.  But then I realized I had pie crust in my freezer, so Apple Crisp Pie was born.

I made this very rustic...no skinned apples and no gooey pie filling.  Just simple baked apples with an oatmeal crumble topping.  Yum!

 



(click for printable)

1 frozen pie crust
4-5 sliced apples (I used Granny Smith)
1/2 cup sugar
1 T flour
1 T cinnamon
1/4 cup water

Topping: (Next time I will double this!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup oats

Preheat oven to 350.  After pie crust has thawed, unroll and press into pie pan.  Combine sliced apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and water.  Pour into pie crust.  Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the top of the pie.  Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.  Serve warm topped with ice cream!

No comments: