Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing

Homemade ranch dressing with fresh dill and parsley.

I have made this twice now and I finally stopped eating it long enough to photograph it for you.  I've used this as a salad dressing for salads I take to work and as a dip for our favorite stromboli. 

I was inspired to make this after seeing how pretty it looked and because I knew I could substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream which I love and always have on hand.  Mix it up and enjoy.

Homemade Ranch Dressing

1 cup plain Greek yogurt

1/2 cup buttermilk
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt or more for taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped

Mix all together and taste to see if you need to add more salt.  The second time I made this I just added in buttermilk until it reached the consistency I wanted.  Store in the fridge for a week in a glass jar.

Adapted from Baked Bree

No comments: