Tuesday, January 1, 2008

About Me

Daughter of the King

This is the most important role I play.  Saved by grace and trying to live it out on a daily basis.  I stumble, I fall but I keep going.  The joy that I have is undeniable.

Wife

We got married in our 30's after meeting online.  He only lived 45 minutes away!  He does the dishes for me every night and complains when I want to dirty up one more pot.  I, in return, bake him homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Endless amounts.  But then he gets to wash those dishes.  It's a never-ending cycle.

Mom

Some girls grow up just only wanting to be a mommy.  That was never me.  Now that I'm a mom I totally understand.  It's one of the best jobs I've ever been gifted with!

Working Professional

I have two accounting degrees and I still use them both.  Before I graduated from college I figured in five years I wouldn't be using my degree.  It's been over ten years and I'm still going strong.





Random Things About Me:

1. I met my husband on Eharmony.  He wasn't weird.
2. I have lived in China as a missionary.
3. I have lived in Thailand as a missionary
4. I honed my cooking skills while living in China when you couldn't buy anything premade in a package.
5. I love to cook and bake. I'm a fanatic!
6. I love Food Network, American Idol, and sometimes watch Biggest Loser and the Bachelor.
7. I have to have my morning coffee every day.
8. I have two dogs. They are Lacy's and most people have never heard of that breed.
9. I like to make lists and cross stuff off. At work I have tons of post-it notes with stuff written on them about whatever I need to do.
10. I hate wearing shoes in the house. It comes from my days of living in China. It really annoys my husband.  When I was single I usually had a big pile of shoes by the door. I especially don't wear shoes in my bathroom, at least here in the US.
11. Speaking of bathrooms, I know how to go to the bathroom in a squatty potty which means you don't sit. See #2.
13. I'm an accountant but don't consider myself good at math.
14. I love to travel.
15. I was a spelling bee champ in elementary school. Even now it's a pet peeve to see words misspelled.
16. I once tried to write a Christian fiction book. I wrote 20 pages.
17. I hate to drive but I love road trips if I'm not driving.
18. I was pre-med in college but got weeded out the first year.
19. My favorite color is red.
20. I would love to open my own coffee shop/bakery place.
21. I'm a night person and love my sleep in the mornings.
22. If I ever get the chance to adopt, my first choice will be a girl from China. With their one-child policy, boys are valued. Girls aren't most of the time.
23. My favorite Asian dish is Pad Thai.
24. I sing in my car while I'm driving.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I was trying to find an email address but couldnt so hopefully you get this message.
I linked you from a comment you made on another blog about orphanages creating orphans, and you made a comment about adopting a mum and child - I guess you mean sponsorship ... either way I had never thought of that and think its a marvellous thought.
Joyce - an adoptive mom
PS i know this seems random but your comment jumped at me.