Friday, February 10, 2012

Frozen Nutella Pie

No bake Nutella pie that is cold and creamy like ice cream and simple enough to make that I must tell you about it.

I recently discovered the amazingness of Nutella.  When I spent a summer in Australia it was popular there.  But for whatever reason I never tried it.  It's popular here in the US, too.  Even though I've seen commercials about it I still hadn't tried it.  Just a couple of weeks ago I purchased a jar.  I spread it on toast for breakfast.  It was way too sweet for my breakfast tastebuds so I put it aside.

Then one evening I was craving chocolate.  My eye spotted animal crackers in the pantry and I decided I needed to dip them in Nutella.  Korey found me out and joined me in my discovery.  Together we enjoyed the awesomeness of "cracktella."

But then something bad happened.  I decided I needed to get rid of the Nutella in my house because it was too good to keep around.  "Aha," I thought.  I'll make a pie with it.  But not just any pie.  A no bake, frozen pie.  How could I resist?



Frozen Nutella Pie
(click for printable)

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 to 1 cup Nutella
8 oz Cool Whip
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk

Beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy.  Then beat in nutella and powdered sugar.  Slowly add in milk blending thoroughly.  Fold in cool whip with spatula.  Pour into pie crust and freeze for two hours.

No comments: