Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Caramel Pecan Brownies - The Condensed Version

Grab your favorite brownie recipe or mix and get to mixing! Mine is done on the stove because it's super-fudgy!

Melt one bag of caramels with 1/3 cup of evaporated milk in the microwave. Don't burn it!

Chop up some pecans...as many as you want. I wished I had done more.

Pour HALF of the brownie mix into the pan and bake for HALF the time you need to. Once you remove it from the oven (you don't need to wait for it to cool) pour the caramel liquidy goodness over the bottom half and sprinkle with pecans. Then take the remaining HALF of the brownie mix and plop it, yes I said plop it, over the caramel pecan layer. It will look clumpy but will spread when baked. Bake for the remaining HALF of the time needed. Remove from the oven and let them cool and voila! You have gooey caramel pecan brownies. I tested these out on my coworkers and they were a hit. Dee-lish!


No comments: