Saturday, October 3, 2009

Individual Scalloped Potatoes

I found this recipe on http://thepioneerwoman.com/. I love her site! I thought I would give this a try and I served this with pork chops that Korey grilled for us.

1. I used two potatoes since it was just us. Prick 'em with a fork, wrap them in damp paper towels and microwave for 10 to 15 min until soft. Then slice them up. This is my attempt at slicing them.

2. Sorry for the sideways picture...Put pats of butter (I didn't use real butter) in the bottom of a muffin pan. Set a slice of potato on top of each pat.
3. Cheese!!!! I used pepper jack because I needed to get rid of it. On top of the potato goes your cheese layer...any kind!




3. Everything's better with bacon. I used maple flavored bacon because I happened to buy it thinking it was regular ol' bacon. Mmmm....After your cheese layer goes bacon. Then green onions if you have any. I didn't. Sprinkle with salt and pepper along the way.
4. Repeat the layers! Put another pat of butter on top.
5. Finish off by pouring a little half and half in each muffin cup! I didn't fill up the cup...just a little in the bottom of each.


6. Bake at 400 for 20-25 min. Sorry there's no after pic. They got eaten pretty quickly.
The best thing about this recipe is I think it would be a great way to have your kids help in the kitchen. They could help you build the layers and the great thing is that it doesn't have to be a pretty dish 'cause the taste will be there. Yum!










1 comment:

The White Family said...

That sounds really good, I am going to try those! I love your recipe posts, please keep them coming.