Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hunter's First Day of Preschool 2012

My baby started his first day of preschool yesterday.  It's his second year to attend.  The night we went to meet the teachers he started to tear up in the hallway but I assured him we weren't leaving him like we do on Sunday mornings.

There are ten kids in his class!  The sad news is that the kids from his class last year are in different classes based on their birthdays.  Not a familiar face for him.

He had to have a nap mat this year and I had purchased one last year but the storage unit sucked it up into its depths so I had to go buy another one.  When I brought it home Hunter loved it and laid down in the middle of the living room.  He got mad at me when I tried to put it up.

I got an unexpected day off from work so I was able to go with Korey to drop Hunter off and I was able to pick him up in the afternoon.  At 2pm on a Tuesday!  Needless to say I was ecstatic that I had this opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mom for the day.  I even made him homemade waffles for breakfast.

We took pictures on the front porch.  Hunter is wearing outfit #2.  Outfit #1 ended up being too big so this was a random scramble of clothes.  He is proudly wearing his Galveston souvenir t-shirt and carrying his nap mat.


Love this pic!  He is growing up way too fast.  


I snapped this quick pic of Hunter in his new room.  He wouldn't take off his backpack and I guess he is listening to something his teacher is saying.  He did cry a little when I passed him off but it was the same as he does on Sunday mornings at church.  I wish I had a video monitor so I could see what he's like during school!  We had a talk at breakfast about obeying his teachers.  I wonder what he acted like towards them.

When I went to pick him up from school, I left Korey at home so I could spend some quality time with Hunter.  I took him some juice and snack and I was just so excited to be picking up my son in the middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday so we could hang out.  This working mommy misses things like that.  We got to go to Toys r Us and then I took him to the firestation so we could see the firetrucks and ambulance.  Such an awesome day for him and me!

No comments: