Monday, February 27, 2012

Bread Machine English Muffin Bread

A light and tasty bread made right in the bread machine!

I know I don't take advantage of my bread machine too often but this time I was determined to make it work for me and we were very happy with the results.  Yeasty breads sometimes scare me because I don't want to spend that much time in the kitchen kneading, waiting, kneading some more, baking and finally getting to taste.  I was excited to find a recipe where I could let the bread machine do all the work and I was "wowed" by how large the loaf turned out to be.  Despite me telling a certain toddler not to open the lid and me having to open the lid to sprinkle in some cornmeal.

I was going to eat this with some peach honey but couldn't get the jar open so I opted for some plain old peanut butter.  It made for a delicious afternoon snack. 

If you don't have a bread machine, there is a DIY version available.  Check out my source below!


Bread Machine English Muffin Bread
(click for printable)

1 teaspoon vinegar

1/2 cup water
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast

Program your machine for basic white bread, light crust. During second rise, sprinkle cornmeal on top of the loaf.  Let it continue to rise and bake.

Source: King Arthur Flour

No comments: