Thursday, February 2, 2012

Turkey Noodle Soup

Roasted turkey, carrots, celery and pasta all combined together for a light, but hearty soup.

At the end of January, I realized that I needed to make a decision about the huge frozen turkey I had stashed away in my freezer after the holidays.  My mom happened to be there that day so she offered to roast it for me.  Since our house had been undergoing lots of sickness, I knew Turkey Noodle Soup would be the perfect remedy.


For me, this recipe was really a pantry meal.  I happened to already have carrots and celery on hand.  Add in the roasted turkey and some pasta and it became the perfect meal.

Turkey Noodle Soup
(click for printable)

8 cups water or chicken broth
4 cups shredded, roasted turkey
3 carrots, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
2 cups cooked pasta (I used leftover sliced lasagna noodles)
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Bring 8 cups water to a boil.  Add in turkey, diced carrots and celery.  Add in 2T Italian seasoning, 1T salt (might need more or less depending on whether or not you used chicken broth), 2tsp pepper.   Let simmer over low heat for an hour until carrots and celery are soft.  Add in cooked pasta and adjust the seasonings as needed.  Let simmer for another 30 min on low.  Serve with crackers and enjoy.

No comments: