Monday, October 27, 2008

"Clean out your fridge" bars

When I'm stressed I bake. For some reason I've always just found it relaxing. And making something with chocolate makes baking even better. This weekend I realized that I made three things which is quite alot for me:

1. Honeybun Cake
The Honeybun Cake I made was for a potluck dinner at a friend's house in Denton. I decided to forego something pumpkin flavored because I didn't know if everyone likes pumpkin. This cake was absolutely delicious!! Some of the flavor feedback included tastes comparable to a coffee cake and a donut. The reason I made it is because back when I was living in Thailand we had a bake-off among the office staff but only the guys could compete. This was the winning dessert. And alas I found a recipe for it! Korey did give this a thumbs up.



The 5 layer bars I made turned into many layers as I scavenged our freezer where we keep all of our baking chocolate and nuts. We had many half-used bags of stuff so I decided to throw them all in. Mine included chocolate chips, toffee chips, a toffee bar, cinnamon chips (very good if you haven't tried these yet!), peanut butter chips, pecans, walnuts, and almonds topped off by the condensed milk. Yum! These were very easy to make and Korey also gave these a thumbs up.



The French Toast Casserole I decided to make was because we had a leftover loaf of sourdough bread that we weren't eating so that inspired me to make it. This recipe includes nutmeg so if you're not a big fan of the taste just leave it out. Korey hasn't tried this but I've decided to take the leftovers to work as I know this is too much to eat for me and my sis.
As for the wedding, Korey, my sis and I spent Sunday at my parent's house which has become Grand Central Wedding Station. We worked most of the day on the little things that needed to get done and we're making progress.
Only 12 days to go!

No comments: