Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our Last Baby Shower - Animals and Outdoors

We had our last shower on July 3 and we had several family and friends come up for it. Again, it was held at my parent's house which was awesome because that was the second shower in a row they had held there AND their house is the best place to host parties.

This is on the back porch. Korey is holding our nephew Brandon. His brother and our SIL came up for the weekend.

The fabulous food! There were sliders, veggie/dip cups, chicken and pineapple skewers...
pb&j sandwiches for the kids (cut out like stars!) and chips and dip.

Here is the drink station. The blue stuff is blue koolaid mixed with ginger ale. Notice the tablecloth flapping? The wind was picking up due to the approaching storm.

The cute animal cutouts which I stole after the shower and we are going to put into Hunter's room.

All the gifts which eventually had to be moved inside once it started raining.

The happy couple! Plus one (not two like some people think). Sand buckets held the dips....

and the fruit.

Here is everyone eating outside. Thankfully, we were able to be outside for a couple of hours before the rain came.

One of the games we played which was guessing the baby food. You could taste it and smell it. I did horrible on this game.
Guess the chocolate bar melted into the diaper. I know my chocolate!
My SIL...
Fabian, the minister who married us, is testing out his chocolate knowledge.

The kids enjoyed the pool.

Becky, Fabian's wife and Christry sitting outside pre-rain.

And here are the clouds rolling in.

At this point the party had to be moved inside. Here is the dessert station in the kitchen.

The yummy cupcakes which my sister perfected!
The diaper cake my SIL made me.
Korey and I opening gifts.

My SIL loving on her son (our nephew) Brandon. Korey's brother Kevin is sitting behind them.
Korey and I opening more gifts.
We had a fabulous time and we're so grateful to our family and friends for their support! And thanks to my sister, my SIL, and friend Regina for putting together such an awesome shower.




No comments: