Thursday, August 30, 2012

Picasa Controls Blogger's Picture Uploads

As you may have noticed, this blog has been under construction for the past several days.  I've actually spent a few months trying to decide what I want this to be.  More on that later.

You may have noticed that my header has changed almost every day this week.  I was playing around with different headers and trying to decide which one I liked.  When I finally settled on a header, I went to upload it and I received an error message telling me I had exceeded my storage quota.

What?  I have a storage quota?  I had no idea.  The "help" link on this error message took me to Picasa Web albums where I saw every picture I have ever uploaded to my blog.  There was a tagline at the bottom saying I had hit 99.98% storage capacity.  Just great.  When I went to delete a photo, just one photo, it also deleted it from my blog.  On to plan B.

Then I consulted Google.  Doesn't everyone?  I discovered that I could go flip through the photos and find the previous header images I had uploaded, delete those, and then cross my fingers and hope for the storage space to be freed up.  Done.

It worked!  So before I break it again, I think I will leave it alone for a little while until I figure out exactly what I'm doing!

If you ever encounter this error message, when working in the Layout section of your blog, you will know exactly how to fix it.

No comments: