Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boot Camp

I'm in week two of bootcamp now and it's kicking my butt...and my quads, and my hamstrings, and anything else muscular in my body. Well ok my butt really isn't! Just to reiterate...I am NOT a morning person. I like to sleep. I like to drink coffee when I wake up and slowly get ready for the day. I don't like to run. I don't like to start the day running at 5:30am. I don't like feeling sweaty at 5:30am. But I've gotten up each time so far and I've made it through each workout. The great thing about them is that you don't know what exercise you're going to do. One day we used medicine balls. Another day we used hand weights. Wednesday we used kettleballs which I had never seen or heard of. I thought running was hard but try running with an 8 or 10lb weight in your hands. But we don't just run. We have to do pushups sometimes, too. I hate pushups! I have no upper body strength. I have to cheat sometimes during the exercises...ssshhh don't tell...because my body is saying "Are you crazy!?" But the amazing thing is that everyone in the class is there to cheer you on, they're suffering just like you, and I always have a great attitude the rest of the day despite all the sweating and huffing and puffing I've done. Go figure. Can't wait to see what results I may see when I'm done!

No comments: