Monday, October 24, 2011

Fish Sticks

Tired of eating chicken?  Choose another healthy alternative - fish!  I made breaded fish sticks last week because I knew Hunter would eat them and they would taste great.

I used seasoned bread crumbs, grated parmesan (the kind you sprinkle on your spaghetti), salt, pepper, and some extra basil seasoning as the basis for my breading.

Then I melted some butter and mixed in my sliced up tilapia.  You could also use an egg or egg whites if you don't want to use butter.


Because I didn't really want to get my hands messy with the breading part, I dumped the bread mixture into a ziploc bag and added the buttered fish.  Now comes the hard part....shake it up!

25 minutes later you have breaded fish sticks.  You can even see the one Korey taste-tested.  These were healthy, tasty and my toddler ate them so this was a winner for us.  Serve this with a side of veggies and dinner is done.

Fish Sticks - by kSk



(click for printable)

2-3 Tilapia filets
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 tsp basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Slice up fish into one inch wide strips.  Melt butter and dip fish in until it's well coated.  Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings into ziploc bag.  Toss in fish strips and seal bag.  Gently shake the bag so the fish filets get coated in the crumb mixture.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 min at 350.

No comments: