Monday, October 3, 2011

Pink Salad

In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month I decided to share one of our favorite family recipes.  We call it Pink Salad and it's a concoction of cherry pie filling, cool whip and some other yummy ingredients!  We serve it at every holiday meal and it's a family tradition.


The recipe we use calls for canned pineapple but since I forgot to take my list with me to the store I forgot to buy it.  So we'll just pretend that there is crushed pineapple in this photo.

It's a simple recipe that doesn't even require a mixer.  All you do is stir the ingredients together and you are left with this beautiful dessert!
Pink Salad by KSK

(click for printable recipe)

 
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crused pineapple, drained
1 cup of marshmallows
1 cup of chopped pecans, optional
8-12 oz Cool Whip

Mix all ingredients together and top with pecans or stir them in.  Refrigerate and enjoy!

No comments: