Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rocky Road Bars

Yummy, gooey, comforting bars made from chocolate chip cookies, marshmallows, and nuts.

I first saw this recipe in the newspaper a few years ago and it sounded easy and delicious so I cut it out and saved it.  I remember making it for my coworkers when I first found the recipe and the bars disappeared fast.
They have been in my mind to make and so I finally got a moment to try these out.  I made a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookie dough using only one cup of chocolate chips in the mix.  I was out of nuts otherwise, these would have been even extra delicious with walnuts on top.  They are best when they are still warm as the marshmallows will still be soft.  Dive in!

Rocky Road Bars
(click for printable)

1 pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough or homemade batch
1 cup choc chips
1 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup nuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350.  Press dough into brownie pan.  Bake about 28 min.  Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with 1/2 cup choc chips.  When they start to melt spread them out with a knife.  Then sprinkle marshmallows, remaining choc chips, and nuts.  Return to oven for 5 more min until marshmallows start to puff.  Remove from oven and let cool.  Cut into bars.

No comments: