Friday, December 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Korey asked for Peanut Butter cookies last week so I obliged.  I asked him if he wanted me to add chocolate chips.  He said no.  He wanted simple peanut butter cookies.

I strongly recommend refrigerating the dough once it's mixed.  Otherwise, your cookies will spread and be huge.  I used my large ice cream scooper to scoop out the dough and once I saw how big they turned out I had to reduce the size.  Drastically!

Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!


(click for printable)

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking soda

Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together on low speed.  Add in eggs one at at time until well blended.  In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients.  Slowly add those to the wet ingredients at low speed.  Place a layer of plastic wrap over the top of the dough in the bowl and refrigerate for one hour.  Scoop out enough dough and roll into balls and place on your baking sheet.  Use the back of a fork to press down.  This will make the criss-crossed lines in the dough.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

This made a lot of dough so I decided to save the rest.  You can freeze whatever amount you don't want to use.  Scoop out the remaining dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap.  Bring up the bottom layer over the top and form it into a log.  Wrap it up and freeze.  Then when you want to use the dough you can "slice and bake."

No comments: