Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Skillet Parmesan Chicken

Yesterday I came home from work, raided my pantry, and served up Parmesan Chicken for dinner.  We always have extra cans of tomatoes on hand and they came in handy.

I had already thawed two chicken breasts in the fridge so I was ready to go.  I dipped them in an egg and then Italian bread crumbs and set them to cook in a skillet with some olive oil.  Once they were halfway done I added a can of stewed tomatoes (that's all we had on hand) and let it simmer.





Then I topped everything with cheese and set the lid on top so the cheese would melt.  Dinner was done in about 30 minutes!

Skillet Parmesan Chicken by kSk

Skillet Parmesan Chicken
(click for printable)

2 chicken breasts, thawed (or thighs)
1 egg
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 T olive oil
1 can of stewed tomatoes (or crushed or diced)
Mozzarella cheese

Heat up 1 T of olive oil in pan on medium heat.  Set up two bowls.  One for your egg and one for the bread crumbs.  Beat egg with a fork.  Dip chicken in egg and then dip into the bread crumbs until both sides are well coated.  Place in skillet and let them brown on one side before flipping it over and browning on the other side.  Once chicken is mostly cooked through add your tomatoes and turn down the heat to let it simmer.  I cut my chicken in half at one point to make sure it was cooked.  Top with mozzarella and let it melt and add the lid so the cheese will melt.  Serve with pasta and veggies.

No comments: