Monday, December 19, 2011

White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies

If you still need a holiday recipe then try these!  A combination of molasses, spices, and white chocolate all rolled up into a simple cookie.  These were absolutely DIVINE!  My first thought in comparing it with a flavor was that it reminded me of a cinnamon roll followed by the taste of gingerbread.  I am definitely keeping these in my recipe book!
A combination of late-night internet surfing and a need to make something for an upcoming Christmas party led to this find.  And I knew I had to make these because cookies are my specialty!

White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies by kSk

There were no extra steps or waiting time for these.  I just put all the ingredients into my Kitchen Aid mixer and let it go to work.  I did debate about whether or not to add an extra egg but in the end I went with the recipe as it suggested.  I think next time I will add two eggs and adjust the recipe around that.

Korey mentioned he wanted to eat these topped with whipped cream.  Yum! I thought these were best right out of the oven.  I typically like to wait for a cookie to cool down but these were even better warm.

White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies by kSk


(click for printable)




1 cup shortening


1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar

1 egg

1/3 cup molasses

2 1/4 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1 package white chocolate chips



In a large bowl, mix shortening and brown sugar until creamy.  Slowly add in an egg until it's mixed in.  While the mixer is running on low speed pour in the molasses. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.  With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients.  Stir in white chocolate chips. Using a large ice cream scooper, scoop out on onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for a minute longer and then using a spatula move them to wire racks to cool.
 
Adapted from Hanging on by a Needle and Thread

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Wow!! These sound so yummy!! I must try these!