Friday, January 27, 2012

Banana Crumb Muffins

Another recipe with a brown sugar and cinnamon mixture included!  I've decided that the topping on these reminds me yet again of a donut.  I'm addicted to this flavor, I tell you.

I had intended to make Banana Bread for a friend but as I flipped through my recipe box I found this recipe.  Banana muffins with a crumb topping.  Yes, please!

While all sorts of sickness has hit our house this week, I did not get to deliver these but have selfishly enjoyed them for breakfast every day.  I added oats to these to make these more healthy and I increased the amount of cinnamon because I'm a huge fan of the spice.

Banana Crumb Muffins
(click for printable)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oats (optional)
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted

Topping:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 T ground cinnamon (you can reduce the amount)
1 tablespoon butter

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salts and oats together in a bowl.  Then in a separate bowl mix bananas, sugars, egg, and butter until creamy.  Combine the wet with the dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients are moistened.  Pour into greased muffin pan or a muffin pan lined with cupcake papers. 

Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the batter.  Bake at 375 for 18 minutes.

Adapted from Allrecipes

No comments: