Monday, January 23, 2012

Caught in the Act

I did a lot of cooking this weekend.  So did Korey.  We spent most of our weekend in the kitchen when we weren't home.  We had a potluck social on Saturday night and then on Sunday we celebrated Hunter's half birthday.  In a matter of two days our kitchen produced lasagna, cookies, a big pot of chili, and carrot cake.  All homemade.  Korey gets credit for the lasagna because it's his specialty.  Besides I'm messier than he is when I cook so I'm sure he was glad to be the one in the kitchen.


We ate chili to celebrate his half birthday.  I set out a big bowl of Fritos as a topping and accidentally put it too close to the edge of the table.  I guess this is proof that Hunter has grown an inch in such a short time.

Because we were cooking so much food this weekend, I needed to free up space in our fridge so I baked up some leftover cookie dough I had just made.  This was about ten o'clock in the morning and I guess Hunter spied the cookies and decided he needed a mid-morning snack.  Or maybe he had seen his daddy sneaking cookies.  Like father, like son.

1 comment:

January R. said...

These pics are GREAT!!!!