Thursday, January 26, 2012

18 Month Party

This past weekend we celebrated Hunter's half birthday.  Why?  Because he's our first child and I'm allowed to spoil him!  And to me, 18 months is a big milestone. 

The guests included my parents and my sister and her husband.  These pics are in random order.

This is the birthday boy with his Carrot Cake in a jar.  I'll do a separate post on this.
In order not to go overboard with decorations, I hung up some of Hunter's art work he had done at preschool so that my family could see it.  I used mini clothes clips I had to hang them on the blinds.

Chocolate or vanilla cake to celebrate?  I went with Carrot Cake!  I made it in a jelly roll pan, iced it, and then used the back of a spoon to make the scallops.
I made chili and served it with toppings, cornbread, and fritos.  Little man decided he needed to taste test the fritos.
This is the cornbread I baked up.  I used a baking pan that had square muffin shapes in it that Korey had bought me one year.  I used a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and added in cheese and diced green onions.
I served me and my sister's famous Cranberry/Sprite drink in glass bottles.  Although, Sprite wasn't on sale so I used 7Up.  Next time I'll add ice.
This was Hunter' Carrot Cake in a jar.  I'm on a let's-buy-glass-jars-because-everything-will-look-prettier-in-them kick.  Just ask Korey.

My feeble attempt at a chain thingy.  I took an old gift bag and cut it into strips and linked the strips into a chain using tape.
Fabulous!  These were leftover candles from Hunter's first birthday I had purchased at the dollar store.
And these were the chili toppings.  Cheese, sour cream, and green onions...all served in jars!  These made for super-easy cleanup because we just had to put the lid back on and put them in the fridge.
A little bit of a fuzzy photo, but here is our birthday boy with his grandparents.

Thanks to my family for helping us celebrate and for indulging my "he-needs-a-half-birthday-party" whim!

No comments: